- Arrival at Malaga or Granada airport before 8:00 pm. We will pick you up from the airport and drop you at your accommodation in a hotel which is made up of small cave houses. Dinner is included in the accommodation price
- Time to relax before beginning your adventure full of energy tomorrow
- During the next 5 days, you will do 5 stages of the Camino de Santiago, Mozarabe in the Granada province. You will enjoy the landscape and heritage described in your handbook document. We will provide transport from the hotel to the starting point of each stage every morning. In the same way, you will return to the hotel on our private transportation every day. Overnight stays in “Cuevas del Tio Tobas” Hotel
Stage 1. Huéneja – Alquife: 21 Km
- After breakfast, we will take you to the starting point of the first stage of the Camino de Santiago, Mozárabe. You will go up crossing some villages such us Dólar and Ferreira with their Arabic heritage remains. You will discover an excellent Renaissance castle in the village of La Calahorra. You will finish the stage going down to Alquife village after passing next to the old miner’s settlement and the remains of the mining industry. On this track, you will contemplate a spectacular high plain area and the foothills of the Sierra Nevada National Park. If you walk in autumn, you will be able to pick almonds and try them!
Stage 2. Alquife – Guadix: 22 Km
- Breakfast and transportation to the starting point of the second stage of the Camino de Santiago, Mozárabe. Don’t forget your picnic lunch!
- Jerez del Marquesado, Cogollos de Guadix, and Guadix are the villages you will cross in this stage of the Camino de Santiago, Mozárabe. Guadix, the most important city in the area, shows you an astonishing Cathedral, Alcazaba, and the remains of its Roman theatre
- During this stage, you will observe the high mountain skyline of the Sierra Nevada in the background, contrasting with a spectacular bad-lands landscape. On the agricultural plain, different cereals and almond trees are the most important products
- In this stage, you will ascend around a hundred meters during the first 8 km, the rest of the route will take you down
Stage 3. Guadix – La Peza: 20 km
- Breakfast and transportation to the starting point of the third stage of the Camino de Santiago, Mozárabe. Don’t forget your picnic lunch!
- From Guadix, the Camino de Santiago trail leads you first to Paulenca and after to the village of Marchal. You will be immersed in a semi-desert landscape, surrounded by gorges and gullies called “Las Cárcavas”. You will feel as if you are on another planet!
- The track finishes at La Peza village after crossing Baños de Graena
Stage 4. La Peza – Quéntar: 23 km
- Breakfast and transportation to the starting point of the fourth stage of the Camino de Santiago, Mozárabe Don’t forget your picnic lunch!
- The track begins next to the Castle located at the top of La Peza village. You will cross a rocky, dolomitic landscape, with ruin forms until you arrive at the district of Tocón de Quéntar.
- You will go down in the direction of El Cortijo de la Plata (the farmhouse of La Plata) to finish in Quéntar village
Stage 5. Quéntar – Granada: 20 km
- Breakfast and transportation to the starting point of the last stage of the Camino de Santiago, Mozárabe. Don’t forget your picnic lunch!
- The city of Granada is the final destination of the walk. A fascinating stage full of surprises is waiting for you! Quéntar is rich in water and orchards. You will arrive at the hills of La Alhambra after passing through Dúdar and climb the hills that separate two valleys: Quéntar and Darro rivers. Walking along the hills you will have beautiful views of the valley. You have to walk down again through Mediterranean vegetation where you can see big holm oaks. Finally, the reward is before your eyes, Granada and its stunning Alhambra.
Day in Granada
- Breakfast in your hotel in Granada
- You have a day to enjoy Granada, its historical city center, old Moorish neighborhoods, walk in a vibrant city full of life, a place where people enjoy themselves.
- We will take you to the airport (Málaga or Granada.)
- We are sure you will bring a lot of memories and unforgettable images with you and will wish to return to the Granada province