- Hikers will meet each other and go for a guided tapas tour (guide included, tapas not included). A good chance to talk about the routes that we will do over the next few days.
- Time to relax before beginning our adventure full of energy tomorrow
From Trevélez to La Tahá de Pitres
- After breakfast, we will go to Trevélez, the highest village in Spain. The organization of the village, into three neighbourhoods, reflects its Spanish-Muslim structure
- We will visit the most important ham curing factory in the Alpujarra. After tasting some ham we will be ready to start our hike, firstly heading to Busquistar and finally arriving at Mecina Fondales, where our hotel is located
- We will have a picnic during the hike.
- You will be free to choose where to have dinner
Route type: One way
Route length: 17 km.
Accumulated height difference: 350 m.
Duration: 7 hours
Walking along medieval staircases
- After breakfast we will set off on our hike, walking along paths built into the side of the mountains, some of which were carved out of the rock hundreds of years ago. These paths allow us to go through the deep gorge of the Trevélez river
- The hike will take us through small villages, such as Ferreirola, Atalbéitar and Busquistar, which are the best examples of the traditional architecture of the Alpujarra
- We will have our picnic during the hike. When we finish walking, a bus will take us to the nearby Poqueira valley. We will stay in the village of Capileira which boasts a wide variety of restaurants and bars in which we can have dinner
Route type: Round trip
Route length: 12 km.
Accumulated height difference: 500 m.
Duration: 6 hours
Acequias del Poqueira
- After breakfast we will begin our hike, which will firstly take us to the old settlement of La Cebadilla. We will climb up, crossing several rivers that flow down the slopes of Mulhacén until we arrive at the Cortijo de Las Tomas, whose name indicates that we are at the starting point of the irrigation channels which carry the snowmelt down to the villages.
- After having our picnic we will start the return leg with stunning views of the high snowy peaks of the Sierra Nevada. We will walk along the irrigation channels returning to Capileira, where we will sleep for a second night with time to have dinner in the village.
Route type: round trip
Route length: 15 km.
Accumulated height difference: 650 m.
Duration: 7 hours
After breakfast and depending on the departure time of the flights
- We will set off on a short hike visiting the lowest village of the valley, Pampaneira, spending some time in its shops, artisan workshops and the visitor interpretation centre on the Sierra Nevada and the Alpujarra. Pampaneira is the ideal place to buy some souvenirs or to lose yourself in its streets listening to the sound of running water.
- We will leave the Alpujarra and head to Malaga Airport.